Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Preliminaries

Let's set the facts straight:

I am a freshman law student in need of a creative outlet from all the rigors and stress of law school.

I literally didn't have any idea what I was getting myself into when I entered law school. I'm paying for my ignorance with at least two cups of coffee and an unhealthy dose of attacks to my self-esteem...daily.

I am in a relationship with another person of the same sex. And no, that doesn't have anything to do with me pursuing this field.

The significant other is about to be assigned to a distant province for work for a couple of years. Expect sad and overwrought emotions.

I spend the little extra time I have listening to corny and usually sad music. Then I feel even more depressed.

I just quit my job to have more time to study time. Yet, time simply isn't enough. I have no money and I feel stupid. The best feeling in the world? Not exactly.

Why am I doing this? I need an escape. I need to be able to vent out my frustrations and sadness, maybe even share my happiness once in a while.

I need to write, to feel alive through my words.





1 comment: