Thursday, August 30, 2012

I'm still alive, jsyk

I haven't been around for a while, and it's not because my life has taken a dull and uninteresting turn. Quite the contrary: junior year in law school has been a bitch, and until last week, I spent majority of my time with my partner.

I'm happy. I'm with someone who understands the thrust of my humor, my thought processing, and my mundane concerns in life. And this someone...I'm genuinely interested in him, in his happiness, and in his pursuits in life. Plus I find him hot. I wish I can go full circle emo right now, the way I always would in my previous posts. Believe me, I have an arsenal of passionate thoughts I can bombard this post with. But for now, I won't. For a change, I will choose to ride the waves and see where it brings me. I do hope it brings me to the end with him, and that's exactly the direction I'm headed to. (At this junction, the only things that're stopping me from having a happy ending are my paranoid thoughts about getting killed in one way or another no thanks to my Transportation law class).

I wish I had the time to write everything I'd tried for the past few months, amd getting drunk (or so I think) for the first time is one of those. I will have you note that this is such an accomplishment because 1) I don't even like drinking all that much (except when I want a good night's sleep), and 2) I'm 22, a law student, and I've never been drunk. But there will be a time :)

Also, a few of the things I hate right now:

1. Tito Sotto and his stupidity
2. Jesse Robredo dying (The moment I heard he was lost at sea, I was genuinely startled and I had to check for updates re him every now and then.)
3. Gossip in law school, but only when it's directed at me.
4. The lack of pets in my life
5. Getting sucked into the competitiveness of law school life, e.g., having to squint my eyes just to see the grades my professors give me every single time i recite.

There are days I feel like I take a step backward, and wonder what could've happened, and what would've been, if I took an alternate direction. But what's the point, right? This is exactly where I'm supposed to be. And this is precisely what I'm supposed to be doing.

And now I have to end this because I have major stuff coming up, all of which can be defined by one word: exams.

I know, I'm boring. Suck it.

No comments:

Post a Comment